Take into account rules for keeping dogs, cats and other pets
5. The obligations of the pet owner
5.1. The owner is required to:
1) ensure that the pet has a species-like accommodation and sufficient quantities of clean water and food;
2) install a certain warning label on the territory of the fenced territory (except apartment buildings);
3) to comply with veterinary, sanitary and hygienic requirements. Pets are prohibited from polluting public or public places (staircases, hooves, streets, pedestrian paths, lawns, flower beds, sandboxes, house walls, vehicles).
4) take measures to prevent the pet off and the possibility of attacking humans or other animals;
5) to arrange animal search without delay;
6) to contact the licensed veterinarian to explain the causes of the death in the event of an unknown animal’s death;
7) immediately notify a pet animal that bites a person or other animal to the veterinary clinic and immediately isolate the bred animal from humans and from other animals;
8) the pet owner is required to immediately isolate the animal and notify the authorized veterinarian if the wild animal has attacked the owner of the pet;
9) to vaccinate against a rabies three-month-old dog or cat and subsequent vaccinations at the time specified by the veterinarian. At the request of the competent official, the keeper is obliged to provide him with a certificate of vaccination and certification confirming that the vaccination certificate has a fixed duration of the vaccine and the time of the next vaccination and the time of the vaccination certificate.
10) ensure the safe placement of a person carrying out official duties (post office, doctor, fire brigade, rescue service, police, etc.) in the territory of the keeper of animals;
11) the owner of a dog who hunts a dog must comply with hunting rules;
(12) A pet holder who wishes to stop petfood must ensure that a new owner is found, that he or she is put in a safe haven or properly executed by the veterinarian, and that the costs are incurred.
5.2. Pets are prohibited:
1) to allow the pet to spoil the premises and territories shared with the building;
2) stay in pets at stadiums, playgrounds, sports facilities, sand pits, public buildings (public authorities, schools, kindergartens, country houses, libraries, sports buildings, shops, churches, etc.), in common areas of apartment buildings (attics, basements other than a staircase) and in places marked with a Saaremaa rural municipality government special permit;
3) float and wash the pet in public baths, springs and ponds;
4) to abandon, injure, abandon the pet, cause pain and avoidable physical and mental suffering, cause the animal to perish or commit other acts unacceptable to the animal;
5) stay in a public place with a sick pets;
6) the requirements of clause 2 of this section are not applied to the visually impaired pilot dog and to the service dog received special training.
7) to allow a pet without supervision in dwelling houses or apartments in several apartments with stairwells, corridors, houses and green areas.
6. Vaccination and registration of dogs
(1) The dog must have (if desired, also a cat), accredited by a veterinarian authorized by the license, or provided with the information of the owner of the animal with the collar and entered in the pet register www.llr.ee/register/.
(2) In the event of the acquisition of an unregistered dog older than three months, the dog must be registered in the pet register within one month of the acquisition of the dog. The puppy is registered at the first vaccination of the puppy, i.e. the puppy is received at three months.
(3) Upon registration of a dog, the owner shall submit the following information:
1) the name, personal identification code, residence, telephone number, e-mail address of the owner;
2) animal species, breed, sex, name, date of birth or age, color, specific characteristics or description of the animal, if possible, a picture;
3) information about the chip;
4) when registering a dog, the registry data must be specified.
(4) The keeper of the animal is obliged to ensure the labeling of a dog with a microchip installed by a veterinarian holding an activity license, bearing the unique registration number no later than 31.12.2012.
OWNER´S OR STRAY DOGS AND CATS
7. Stray dogs and cats
(1) The catching of stray pets is organized by the rural municipality government.
(2) If the catch of an animal that was loosened from the owner was arranged by the rural municipality government, the owner of the animal shall bear the cost of capturing, storing and executing the animal. The owner of the dog without a microchip has also been obliged to pay the registration and marking of the animal at the animal breeding site. The declaration of intention expressed by the keeper of the animal to abandon the animal does not relieve the keeper of the obligation to bear the cost.
(3) Spanning animals shall be stowed to identify the owner and return it to the owner. An asylum seeker is obliged to catch a hijacked animal